Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Turnip Soup

As I speak, there's a large pot of Jana's Hearty Minestrone simmering that contains an obscenely large amount of veggies, particularly turnips.

I'm worried. Sure it smells good, but it's a whole lotta soup with a whole lotta veggies. This is what the big pot looked like before I added the 6+ cups of chicken broth:



I love veggies, but still! However, it's received positive reviews, so I'll just have to wait and see. I'll let ya know how it turns out!

****************
Update:



It was yummy! Different from what I'm used to, but yummy, nonetheless. I'll definitely make it again. But not anytime soon 'cause there's TONS of leftovers!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena