Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Art & Soul

Just when I think I'm perfectly happy where I'm at, I see things like this and it makes me want to be in grad school. Darn higher learning institutions!

I went to this two years ago (mainly b/c Dr. Wood offered us extra credit and I needed all the ec I could get in his class!). I attended the Jeremy Begbie presentation and absolutely LOVED him. He incorporated his music in explaining theology (ie. He explained the trinity in terms of chords played on a piano - they are three distinct notes with three distinct identities, but played together they create a beautiful noise, something that could not be created when one of the notes is excluded.)

To answer Oprah's question: My wildest dream would be to have the opportunity to study Theology through the Arts at the University of St. Andrews.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena