Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Fifty Questions

I got this from my college friend Eva, and figured I might as well play along.

1. Your name spelled backwards:
leug ahsila harobed (hmmm...should I be posting my full name on the internet???)

2. Where were your parents born?
both were born in good old Houston, Tx

3. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer?
Pictures of my nephews and niece (if you scroll down you can view them . . .)

4. What's your favorite restaurant?
Bangkok Royal (in Waco), Olive Garden (b/c i have lots of good memories tied to OG), Ninfas (same reason as OG)

5. Last time you swam in a pool?
It's probably been nearly 2 years. Sadly, I can't even remember. I know for sure I swam during my Baylor Landing Apartments days, but those ended in '02 when Baylor decided to tear them down and build a parking garage.

6. Have you ever been in a school play?
Not really. There was that time in Kindergarten I had to dress like a pilgrim girl for a Thanksgiving production. I have a very vague recollection of that experience . . . or at least of my brothers making fun of me (nearly all my childhood memories include taunting from my brothers)

7. How many kids do you want?
A couple, but seeing as how I'm no where near that chapter in life, I can't say for sure.

8. Types of music you dislike most?
Heavy Metal and excessively Raunchy Rap

9. Are you registered to vote?
Sure am!

10. Do you have a car?
Yup. A 1991 Cadillac Deville. His name is Runt (it's a long story).

11. Have you ever ridden a Mo-ped?
Nope

12. Ever prank call anybody?
I don't think so; I really can't remember.

For some reason, there was no question 13

14. Would you go bungee jumping or skydiving?
SKYDIVING - For some reason, the thought of jumping from a bridge/platform with just a giant rubber band keeping me from smashing to the ground freaks me out. So I'd rather jump from a plane . . . Odd, I know.

15. Furthest place you ever traveled?
Either Uzbekistan or South Korea; I don't know for sure.

16. Do you have a garden?
We just moved into a house that's only 3 years old. We don't even have any trees, yet alone a garden.

17. What's the size of your bed?
Full

18. Do you really know all the words to your national anthem?
I think so . . .

19. Bath or Shower, morning or night?
Shower at night; sometimes in the morning.

20. Best movie you've seen in the past month?
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

21. What's the next movie you want to see?
Hitch, In Good Company

22. Chips or popcorn?
Sour Cream and Onion Pringles. Mmmm...

23. Have you ever broken any hearts?
If I have, they recovered rather well - they're all married by now, and yet, I'm still single. How ironic. . .

24. Premarital sex?
What's that?

25. Are you a good cook?
For the most part.

26. Orange or Apple juice?
I'm not a big juice drinker, but if I have to chose I'll chose orange juice.

27. Who was the last person you went out to dinner with and where did you go?
With my mom to a Thai place down the street where I introduced her to Thai curry.

28. Favorite type of drink?
Non-alcoholic: flavored iced tea
Alcoholic (that is, if I drank alcohol ;) : Ace Pear Cider

29. Best thing in the world?
Taking a walk in the cool evening, listening to the world fall asleep. The best is walking through Baylor's campus and sitting on "my swing" in the Quadrangle. *sigh* I sure do miss those college days.

30. Have you ever broken a bone?
No, praise the Lord!

31. Have you ever won a trophy?
No, but I have won ribbons for some art work (which includes first place in the congressional art show back when I lived in Corpus Christi; after which, my drawing hung in the congressman's office for a year. =o) Sorry, I just had to boast about that one!)

32. What is your favorite board game?
Scrabble, Cranium

33. What is your dream car?
Any type of convertible, but I'm not picky. I drive a 14 year-old Cadillac, for goodness sake!

34. Ever order an article from an infomercial?
Yup, Winsor Pilates last year

35. Coke or Pepsi?
I have a fondness for Coke that extends from childhood, but given the choice I usually chose Pepsi.

36. Have you ever had to wear a uniform to work?
Not really. The closest I've come is a denim shirt I had to wear when I worked at Highland's Kid's Kingdom (a mothers day out/preschool). There was a picture of Noah's Ark and it said "Get to Noah Child." Clever, huh?

37. Last thing you bought at a pharmacy?
A birthday card

38. Who are you going to marry?
Wait, what??? That sure is a random question! And seeing as how there is NO ONE in the radar, I'm thinking I don't have to worry about that now. Praise the Lord!

39. Who would you like to meet?
Bono - besides the fact that I LOVE his music, my brothers would be so jealous and I could hold it over their heads for the rest of our lives.

40. Do you believe in love at first sight?
I believe in lust at first sight, although I have known people who saw someone for the first time and knew that was the person they were going to marry. In those cases, half the people panicked and tried to avoid the inevitable, while the other half pursued until it finally happened.

41. What features do you find most attractive in the opposite sex?
Eyes and strong hands (and arms). Yeah, I know that's random, but it's true!
As far as character: Christian with a sense of humor (he'll need it to survive my family!) and a heart of worship.

42. Where would you go for a romantic evening?
What's with all the love questions?! I won't even dignify this question with an answer (mostly, because I have NO idea).

43. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
Well, um, ya see, what had happened was I kinda lost count after 30. Seriously. But in my defense, that includes flip-flops, some of which are only $2-$5 Wal-mart and Target ones!
After I get my room cleaned up I'll try to gather an official count.

44. Last song stuck in your head?
Blessed be Your Name by Matt Redman
It's still there.
Before that it was Blower's Daughter by Damien Rice

Question 45 is also missing. Weird.

46. What's your all time favorite Saturday Night Live Character?
Sorry, but I've never watched SNL enough to have a favorite character.

47. What is one thing you would like to learn to do?
Play guitar and/or piano

48. What do you do when you are bored?
Play internet games (I'm addicted to Yahoo's Mahjong Solitaire)

49. What is one thing that you would want someone to appreciate about you?
My sense of humor (the greatest encouragement I've ever received was from my good friend Kelley. She said that she laughs the hardest when she's hanging out with me.)

50. What is one thing you're grateful for today?
I went shopping with my mom and grandma (Foley's had an 80% off winter clearance)! Mom bought me a cowboy hat for my school's rodeo day tomorrow. The best part is it was only $10! AND Clinique had their free gift with purchase, so I bought a lip gloss and mascara. I also got an awesome silk scarf for only $16 and three pairs of dangley earrings for only $9! Did I mention that it was also PAY DAY! =o)
Please feel free to answer any or all of the questions in the comments! Cheers! =o)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena