Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Thursday, March 31, 2005

TV Moments

Ever since graduating from college, I have turned into such a TV junkie. Here are my favorite things about some of this week's tv viewing:

The Amazing Race
Last season was the first time I sat down and watched the show, and I absolutely loved it! I felt so connected to last season's teams, I didn't know how I would feel about this season's, but I think I'm liking them more than their predecessors.
Tuesday night's episode was especially emotional. First, when Gretchen fell down in the caves and had blood streaming down her face. Her husband, Meredith, was so scared, but I loved how determined she was to not give up and how she commanded him to find the clue while she was being tended to. I also admire her character in still being able to crack jokes despite their circumstances (with not just the accident but also coming in last place and losing all their money and belongings).
Then, there was the orphanage. The children were so sweet and it was so sad that the teams didn't have time to spend with them. I was trying not to cry during that bit, but it was especially hard when Uchenna and Joyce mentioned how it reinforced their decision to adopt.
The car accident the brothers Brian and Greg had was a bit scary as well. (As far as Rob and Amber go, I'm not surprised they didn't stop, but they could of at least taken 10 seconds to roll down their window and ask if everyone was okay. Where's the compassion, people?!) I was impressed that B&G prayed for their injured cameraman once they got back into the race. And I was so very excited that they came from behind to beat out Ray and Deana in a foot-race. My heart was pounding as I watched them. I really thought it was over for them once R&D got their clue, especially when they camera in the air showed B&G's car way behind R&D's. But they did it, and I'm sure their mamma's proud of them! Especially when they were hugging, crying, and saying "I love you, man" once they made it to the mat.

Lost
I am SO addicted to this show. It is absolutely brilliant. I love how everything is a mystery and you have to think and piece it all together.
Wednesday's episode was rather emotional as well. I was suspicious of Locke's father and once they showed him on dialysis, I knew it wasn't going to be a happy ending for Locke.
I can't wait for next week's episode. I hope Boone survives. Part of me thinks he will, but I don't want to be overly positive and end up being wrong. Strange things happen on that island, and I can totally see Boone suffering the same fate as his nanny did all those years ago.

Alias
I love that Marshall played such a huge role in this past episode and got to be the hero for once! I love his comic relief moments; they bring some breathing room to rather intense situations.
Although it was disgusting, I was in stiches over the random spork part (My paraphrase: Jack: You need something to cut his eyes out with. Marshall: [rummaging through a desk drawer Uh, I-I got a spork! Jack: A spork? What's that? Marshall: It's like a half spoon, half fork.)

And those aren't even all the shows I watch in a given week! My parents and I always catch 24 on Monday night. This is the first time we've watched it during the regular season (we watched the first 3 seasons on DVD), so it's driving me nuts not to be able to watch the next episode whenever I want.
I had to DVR The Apprentice and ER tonight. I'm not a die-hard fan of either show, but I watch them when I can. Since I'm caught up on The Apprentice I figure I'll hang in there until the end. Hopefully I'll watch them later this weekend. If not, oh well, I have plenty other things to do.
Then there's all the WB shows I love (Gilmore Girls, One Tree Hill, Everwood, and occasionally 7th Heaven). They've all been reruns this month, which is probably a good thing.

So, those are my addictions. What are yours???

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena