Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Friday, March 04, 2005

Interview Meme

I decided to jump on the bandwagon when I was over at the Thinklings late one night.
Manders interviewed Jared, Jared interviewed Bill, so now Bill is interviewing me.

Here's how it works:
-I was one of the first five people to respond to Bill's post, so I made the cut to be interviewed.
-I answer the questions here, at my blog, and the first five people to leave a comment will be interviewed by me (((that means you people actually have to leave comments; even you quiet ones who read but never say anything. I'd love to hear who you are =o) ))).
-Answer your interview questions in a post at your own blog, or leave them in the comments here if you don't have a blog.
-The first five people who comment on your answers are then interviewed by you!
Hope that makes sense!

Here we go:
1. Given a choice, would you rather be rich or poor?
This is a tough one. I'll probably go with the former, although many of you reading this will think, "Oh, yeah, of course she'll choose that one, who wouldn't?" Assuming that this transformation will take place right at this moment (rather than me being born one way or the other) I'd choose rich. I've always joked with my family, telling them that they need to pray for a rich husband for me because that's the only way we'll all be rich. It just kills me, seeing my family struggling financially and I would do anything to lift that burden from them. I also have at least a dozen friends ministering overseas and I would love to help support them as well.
However, not having much money causes you to fully rely on God. We've been in very tough situations and the only way we made it through was God miraculously provided. When you're "poor" you get to experience God in ways that the rich will never be able to.
Do you understand my dilemma? That's why I say if it were an transformation that took place at this moment in life I would say rich. But I consider myself fortunate to have not been born into a rich family. Personally, I don't think I would have the same depth in my relationship with God if I was born rich.
Hmmm...hope that makes sense to you...

2. What do you see yourself doing in ten years?
Oi, another tough one! I don't even know what I'll be doing in two years, yet alone ten years. Hopefully by then I will be married with kids, but I don't know where we'll be living or if I'll be working. Honestly, I'd love to be a professor (teaching religion and literature), but I don't know if that will ever happen. I'll also be more than content to stay home with my children. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm overseas somewhere.
If I didn't have my security in God, I would almost think I'm a little unambitious . . .

3. You can have either the intellect of Einstein, the compassion of Mother Theresa, or the wisdom of Solomon. Which do you choose?
Definitely NOT the intellect of Einstein (I'm afraid my brain would explode).
The wisdom of Solomon sounds good, but even Solomon was able to screw that up. What good did all the wisdom do him if he didn't completely obey what God told him?
So I'll go with the compassion of Mother Theresa, but not just b/c of the process of elimination.
One of the elders at my former church had the opportunity to meet Mother Theresa when he went to India after college. He asked her what kept her going, how she could do all she did. His Baylor educated, southern Baptist mind wasn't expecting this answer: With tears in her eyes, she looked at him and said, "As a bride loves her bridegroom, so I love Jesus Christ."
I can only imagine what it would be like to have that depth of intimacy with Jesus. To love Him so much that you forsake ALL that the world values to love those rejected by society, to lie down alongside and hold the dying, to feed the hungry, and to open your heart and arms to the orphans the way that Mother Theresa did.

4. If given a chance to live on the International Space Station for one week would you take it?
Heck yeah!!! I must admit that I don't know much about it, but how could one pass up that opportunity??? Sure there are drawbacks, such as the no gravity thing, but I think overall it would be an amazing experience. It would be awesome to see earth from space and would put life into perspective.

5. What is your best memory of being in England?
Okay, this is the hardest question to answer.
I posted about this experience back in January, so I'll pick another . . . .
But I can't! I can't narrow it down to just ONE "best memory." The whole experience was life-changing and full of best memories. I learned so much and I made so many good friends!
If you have the time, I would suggest reading the archives from July through September if you want to find my "best memory."
Ok, seriously, the times I hung out with people were the best memories. Like at my going away party. I couldn't believe so many people showed up!
My birthday was also special. I had only been in England for two weeks and I had to work the day of my birthday. I've never been away from my family and friends on my birthday, so I was a little bummed. But I was greeted with gifts from my co-workers that night, a card signed by all the residents and staff, and a cake baked by one of the residents who used to be a chef. AND another resident went out and bought me a little gift and pastry. That meant the most - Here was this jobless, homeless man who went out of his way to make sure I had something special for my birthday. Maybe that was my best memory.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena