Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Monday, December 20, 2004

Cardboard Forests

My parents and I have spent the weekend living in a cardboard forest. Seriously. We had packers here until midnight on Friday (I didn't exaggerate when I said we have a lot of crap.) But the forest will be gone come tomorrow. The loaders are supposed to arrive sometime in the morning. Then we get to head to Houston. Yay!!!

It will be a busy week of unpacking and setting up house (as well as Christmas decorations) for the rest of the family coming in. We won't even be in the house for a week before we have to host people! Good thing it's only by brothers and company.

I am exhausted! My mom and I spent the day shopping. I hate shopping this time of year. I tend to get annoyed easily in large crowds. But it was a fruitful excursion. We got most everyone on our list. Believe it or not, that's good for my family. Ask my brothers and they would say that Mom usually did her shopping on Christmas Eve. Every single year, before we went to Grandma's, we had to stop by the store. We were given more time when our annual family celebration was moved from Christmas Eve to Christmas day about eight years ago(My brother Eric is still bitter about that; he blames Mark and Danielle, our aunt and uncle. They wanted to start going to the Christmas Eve service and our tradition fizzled out after that).

Anywho, it will be nice to be living in Houston again. I'm off to bed now. I don't know how long I'll be without internet, so farewell for now. Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena