Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Saturday, December 11, 2004

Sunday morning

Last Sunday morning my nephew Nathan was in the church's Christmas program. It was so cute because he was a sheep! All the four and five year olds went up on stage to sing about four songs and there were two nativity scenes complete with Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus, a cow and a sheep. The cow and sheep on Nathan's side of the stage were in their own little world, talking to each other and playing with the hay. The program in general was adorable.

My sister-in-law took Nathan to church early in my car and I rode with my brother and the other two kids. We were running late, especially after I asked Eric if he had remembered the camera after we were already halfway there. Unfortunately we forgot Abigail's diaper bag as well but didn't realize it until we were actually at church. She didn't have her pacey either. Then she lost a sock somewhere between the van and the church. Poor thing. At least it wasn't a very cold morning. I felt sorry for the preschool workers who had to deal with her wailing. I know she cried because when I went to pick her up she was dead aleep and there were still tears on her cheeks. I found the contrast between she and the little boy that got dropped off just before her rather humorous. You could tell the little boy was the first child because both his parents dropped him off, he was all bundled up complete with hat and socks and shoes, AND he had his diaper bag complete with pacey and sippy cup. Poor Abby. It's easier to forget things the more kids you have. This reminds me of the time we went out to eat and Nathan made it all the way to the restaurant without any shoes and without anyone noticing. But that's another story.

Nathan and Daniel loved the songs Nathan had to learn. They were singing "Baby Jesus, we love you" all week. Of course my brother always has to change words to songs. It progressed to "Baby Daniel, we love you," "Baby Nathan, we love you," and "Baby Abigail, we love you." Then the boys pick up where their daddy left off (my brother may have even started it) and sang "Baby Elmo, we love you," "Baby Barney, we love you," "Baby video, we love you," "Baby pizza, we love you." The list goes on and on. Their Christmas song is a far cry from the Christmas song Eric's bestfriend's daughter made up (Jared posted it last Monday over on The Thinklings). I'm not surprised.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena