Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Packing Days

As I write this, the two women who have been packing up our house since 9am are finally heading home. That's a 10 hour day, people! I can't imagine having a job where you spend 10 hours packing up someone else's house. I wonder how much they get paid? But my mom will say it's rude to ask, so I won't bother asking. I hope it's well above minimum wage. We have a lot of crap. They've spent most of the day going through the boxes we have piled in the garage. Pretty sad, eh? Some are from when I moved home from college and others are from five years ago when my parents first moved into this house. Many of the boxes contain classroom materials from when my mom was teaching six years ago. I guess I shouldn't complain, because if I do start teaching next year I can save tons of money by using her stuff.

Tomorrow is the second packing day. It's also suppose to be the last packing day. But as I look around I can't help but think it will take an act of God to get everything packed by the end of the day. I told my dad if God called us to move back to Houston He should get all of our stuff there as well. Dad says that's what the packers and movers are for.

I'm not particularly sad about moving. There's not really anything for me here in San Antonio. There are a few family friends and an old college roommate. My old roommate, Jessica, is also a newly wed so we don't even get to hang out much. When she's not at work and when Luke's not at work they are together. Although I'm good friends with both of them I know they don't have much time to be together. I love hanging out with her and we've lived in the same city for years, so it'll be sad leaving her. But that's about all I'll miss. All the extended family is in Houston as well as very promising job leads. I hope I find a good church soon . . . my spirit is yearning for Christian fellowship. Anyone out there know of any churches? I'm willing to drive anywhere!!!

So life is finally starting to settle down. But things will probably be stressful getting ready for Christmas next week! I'm excited, though. Especially since we'll be in a house big enough to hold all of us. Maybe now my loser brothers will come visit more often! I've kinda gotten used to living in the same city as them for the past six years. I especially hope Eric decides to bring his game cube.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena