Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Saturday, December 11, 2004

FINALLY

My parents FINALLY found a house in Houston! Actually, it's in Katy, but that's close enough. I'm excited to finally get settled in somewhere. I have literally been living out of a suitcase for seven months. SEVEN MONTHS! Even though I had my own room in England for three months and have had my own room here for two months I never settled in. Especially since I've been traveling to Houston and Waco for the past couple of months. But I will finally have my own room and my own closet to fill with my own clothes. Praise the Lord!

My brother Eric is trying to get me to go work at Allstate Insurance. That's where he worked two years ago and he really enjoyed it. His boss loved him and said he'd hire him back anytime. Eric said he'll call and put in a good word for me if I want. I think I may try it just to try it. At this point, I need all the help I can get in finding a job somewhere - anywhere. I had originally planned to apply for an alternative teaching program in Pasadena, but wasn't able to meet the December 3rd deadline. Considering we'll be living in Katy I'm not too disappointed about that anymore.

Living with Mom and Dad is getting easier. I'm sure it will be even better after I get a job. But my secret is out: they know I know how to cook, so I've been doing a lot of it lately. I don't mind; I've always loved cooking for people.

Anywho, I just wanted to share the wonderful news. My transition out of college is finally starting to settle. It's about time!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena