Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday Cookin'

So this Sunday I tried out Jana's Turkey Meatloaf. I only tasted a bit and LOVE IT! I'm saving it for lunch tomorrow. The only variations I made in the recipe was I added half a diced green onion, used the whole egg, seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic, and I also substituted butter for the Smart Balance (only because the container was almost empty). I made Brussels Sprouts with Garlic to go along (trust me, they're much yummier than they sound!). Here a portion dished out in my Gladware:


Hmm . . . it does look a bit bland dished out like that, but believe me when I say it's DELISH and not as heavy as a traditional meatloaf.

I also made the usual, easy meal: chili. I have no recipe. I just throw it all together and it usually turns out great. This time I put only one type of bean and I added chopped zucchini. It's still rather meaty and spicy, though, and it tastes great!



I wanted to make chicken salad (a recipe I learned from an old college roommate) but I ran out of time. It's already 9:45 and I still have papers to grade. What the heck happened to this weekend?!

It should be a rather easy week, so hopefully I'll have time to make the chicken salad and chicken and black bean soup. Yay!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena