Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thankful Thursdays!

1. February is passing quickly! (Which is actually both frightening and exciting, actually.)

2. Turns out I don't have jury duty next Wednesday . . . because it was yesterday! But thankfully, I was able to reschedule it. I'm doing it during Spring Break so I don't have to waste one of my paid days off waking up even earlier than I do already to get downtown by 8 a.m.

3. The carne guisada recipe I just found online! I tweaked it, of course, so it looks nothing like the pic in the link. Hopefully I'll post a pic once it's completely finished simmering . . .

4. My kids might not be the smartest/best educated students in Kinder at my school, but they're loved and they love me!

5. The beautiful tulips I got from the luncheon I attended Tuesday. They've been brightening up my classroom all week!

6. Attending the district's State of the Schools luncheon Tuesday. Seriously. It was good, and not just because I got to be away from the class for half the day!

7. The Skinny Mocha Latte my wonderful teacher's aide brought me today!

8. The amazing gift of forgiveness my parents instilled in me since I was a child.

9. Rediscovering childhood books and movies with the same wonderment as the first time.

10. Leaving work on time for two days in a row!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena