Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Monday, February 04, 2008

Unsatisfied

Last night I pulled out John Piper's Hunger for God from my bookshelf. It's been awhile since I've read it so I just thumbed through and scanned the passages I had underlined. One line is still burned in my mind:

GOD IS MOST GLORIFIED IN YOU WHEN YOU ARE MOST SATISFIED IN HIM.

Mercy, Lord! Forgive me for seeking satisfaction from other people, from the world and from STUFF. Thank You that Your mercies are new every morning! Thank You that I can seek satisfaction in You today, despite not turning to You yesterday.

That's a perfect label for how I've felt lately: unsatisfied. The contentedness that I so prided myself in having just a few months ago has seemed to have slipped away. I'm unsatisfied at work. I'm unsatisfied in my relationships. I'm unsatisfied with my inner self. I'm unsatisfied with what I have. Even that with which I have been blessed, I've taken for granted and become apathetic. Mercy, Lord!



Lamentations 3:21-26

21 Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:

22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.

23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

24 I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."

25 The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;

26 it is good to wait quietly
for the salvation of the LORD.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena