Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I've Gone Green!

Green smoothies, that is...

Pictured in the blender, from top to bottom:

5 ice cubes (I'll add a couple more next time)

1 1/2 cups of water

1 medium-sized Gala apple, cored but not peeled

1 cup of grapes

2 Bananas

2 handfuls of . . . . SPINACH

Yup, that's right. Fresh spinach in a fruit smoothie! And I wouldn't lie to you folks when I say it was YUMMY!

That is if you could get past the green color . . .



I'd highly recommend this to anyone -- even you veggie haters! -- as a way to get more much needed veggies and nutrients in your diet.

A BIG THANKS to Leann for showing me the green!

I just invented the above recipe; clickie the linkie for Leann's authentic recipes if you don't want to experiment like I did. Yesterday I used a cup of frozen fruit, a Dannon Light & Fit yogurt smoothie, a banana and 2 handfuls of spinach. It wasn't as green as the one today, but still delish and less intimidating.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena