Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Prayers, please!

1. Tomorrow is the TAKS test and I was chosen to help administer it to a third grade class. Please pray for the kids -- that they would be at peace and not anxious, esp having a crazy teacher in the room that they've never met! And please pray the same for me! I've never done this before so pray I would have wisdom. And that I wouldn't be bitter about being discriminated against and being chosen to help give the test since I'm one of the few with clear diction and no accent.
Pray we will all be rested, alert and focused.

2. On a much more serious note, please pray for my friend Tihiti. When she arrived at work yesterday she received a phone call from her family. Her dad was being taken to the hospital with a gunshot wound to the head. The bullet didn't penetrate the skull, so they had surgery to see how much damage was done. They successfully removed all bone and bullet fragments and are now waiting to see how he recovers. From what I understand he's conscious and and even communicating, but still in critical condition.
Please pray for her and her family. She's a strong believer and when I was with her Monday morning, just minutes after she learned the news, she was declaring the goodness of the Lord through her tears.

We were all shell-shocked most of Monday. If you remember, the Monday before was when we found out one of our PK-4 students accidentally drowned over the weekend. So, my whole team needs your prayers. The whole school, actually. Even those that don't have eyes to see are growing weary of this war that's raging around us.



I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living.

Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Praying for you, Sis.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena