Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Monday, March 24, 2008

Mounting Pressure

I've thoroughly enjoyed Spring Break -- I've lost myself in a couple of Shannon Hale's books, which I love Love LOVED! I may have to do a review of Princess Academy one of these days since it's fresh on my mind. I love her writing style and genre. If ever I become a writer it's the genre that I'd want to write - suspended somewhere between childhood and adulthood. Hmm, that would be Teen, wouldn't it . . . interesting . . .

Anywho, the week has passed way too quickly and as much as I would love to continue reading out by the pool, it's time to return to reality. Yet I can't help but realize that I may have left reality, but reality didn't leave me. It's an ever-present creature crouching in the back of my mind. I can lose myself in a well-told story but as soon as the book closes or the t.v. is silenced or my prayer is prayed, I feel the eyes of that creature bore into my brain. And boy does it hurt!

I don't know what I'm saying anymore.

It's not that I don't want to go back to work tomorrow. I do. I miss my friends and students. It's the stress at work that I don't want to go back to. Report Cards. Black History program revisited. Science Fair. Returned Test Scores. Graduation Prep. Awards Ceremony. Speech Competition. Next Year's Plans.

No wonder I feel more and more ill with each minute that passes.

And instead of finishing my Report Cards I'm blogging. 'Cause blogging always helps, right?

1 comment:

Tirzah said...

dude, like i always say, just relax and chill! especially with YOUR profession, you really need to from time to time!! (i think that's why teachers usually get like 3 months off each year, don't they? the rest of us just kind of wearily sigh whenever we hang out with our teacher friends who are all cheerful and refreshed during the summertime... :">)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena