Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

"By the grace of God."


Mustafa Kamal reunited with his 5 year-old daughter, Rina Augustina. Posted by Hello

I just stumbled across this story . This man, Mustafa Kamal, is a truck driver and was traveling to a city twelve hours away from his home in Banda Aceh when the tsunami hit. His wife, three daughters, and brother were all swept away from their home.

Kamal diligently searched for his family, even though there seemed to be no hope. He found the bodies of his brother and two older daughters, but kept searching for his wife and their youngest daughter. He explained that he knew in his heart his daughter had survived; he even had dreams that she was alive.

Nearly a month after searching, Kamal was finally reunited with his 5 year-old daughter, Rina Augustina.

``By the grace of God! I knew you were alive! I knew it!'' Kamal screamed at a reunion organized by the aid group Save the Children. ``My precious little one. I did not give up. I kept looking.''

This is nothing short of a miracle. As the article explains:

A local government department has recorded fewer than 10 reunifications since its program began around a week after the tsunami.

Praise God for this miracle! And know that there is a Daddy out there diligently searching for you, too. He longs to gather you in His arms and say, like Mustafa Kamal said, “My precious little one. I did not give up. I kept looking.”

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena