Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Thursday, January 06, 2005

TV Corner

On Monday night, while I was killing time and waiting for dinner to be ready, I flipped the TV to Fox where this reality show that I hadn't seen before came on at 7:00. If I remember the basic plot correctly, this girl who had been separated from her birth father, and was actively searching for him, would be placed in a room of 8 men who possibly COULD be her father. The catch was that she had to guess which one her father was -- if she guessed correctly, she would win $100,000. But all of the men, some of which may have been actors, were each trying to convince her that THEY were the right dude -- if one of these fake fathers convinced her, he would win the money instead. I assume that at the end, they would reveal to the girl whom the real father really was.

At 7:15 my mom called me away from the TV when she announced that dinner was ready. So I didn't see the end of the show, and frankly I'm glad I didn't... Personally, I felt that the whole idea of the program was extremely cruel. I imagined a bored network executive thinking the whole thing up in his office, and then paying otherwise helpless producers to pull the whole thing off. I'm sure the girl and whoever her father turned out to be were relieved in the end to finally have found one another, and that they knew what they were getting into before the episode was filmed, but still.

Is this the kind of stuff they're dreaming up for reality TV nowadays?? Whatever happened to dropping a bucket of green slime on somebody's head??? Viva Nickelodeon!!!

Personally, I'm eagerly awaiting the premiere of the new Survivor season. Rupert was the bomb. I have to admit I've been hooked on the show ever since that gal screamed on the island at Survivor Thailand.

But really, on Monday night I should have just waited for Everybody Loves Raymond to come on at 8:00. Or at least flipped over to that show on the Discovery Health Channel where the people have horrifying accidents but survive. Yeah! :D

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena