Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Cats that Snore and Talk

Earlier this week, my girl cat woke me up in the middle of the night because she was snoring. Not sawing logs, just a gentle "PRRT" emitting every few seconds from her petite Siamese frame. I figured maybe something had flipped with my hearing, since all of a sudden I can hear puffs of air blasting out of this tiny 7-pound furball. But then I realized that the covers weren't over my head and that the cat was only sleeping about 6 inches away from my face. I was a bit relieved that my ears suddenly hadn't developed superhuman abilities. But she was still snoring, and I was still awake.

I saw a talking dog on Letterman's Stupid Pet Tricks recently. The pooch could say "I love you." I was mildly impressed. OK, so the little canine can speak English. But what about my boy cat? When I tell him that I love him, he replies with "Wow, Mama." I don't see Letterman beating down my door and demanding an interview. But then, I'm not sure the shy Tabby hulk would react so well towards a TV crew and audience... He still gets jumpy around ME sometimes. All 15 pounds of him. "Wow, Mama."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena