Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Mystery Fertilizer

When I was considering moving back into my parents' house after being out on my own, one of my main concerns was bringing my two cats with me. I imagined the two of them destroying most of the house, especially the knickknacks, furniture, plants, etc. ... Thus far, I'm happy to report that all is well, and the house is not destroyed. With the exception of a few floor-level house plants that have been chewed on the ends. And another issue, although I don't have proof yet.

There is a possibility that my little Siamese cat has been using some of the house plants in our sun room as her alternate litterbox. Neither odor nor visible evidence have been left behind -- it is solely the following circumstantial evidence: My mom and I have caught the little furball with her paws in the soil on occasion. One plant, although Mom rescued it from dying by reducing it to a mere stump, has remained green with moist soil... even though my mother has not watered it. Another plant (sorry, I'm bad with horticultural terms), a tall one that reaches to the ceiling, has sprouted flowers on two separate occasions... and my parents insist that the plant did not bloom before my cats arrived.

To an extent, my family is grateful for the extra fertilizer. Although I am somewhat tickled about it, I am rather embarrassed, and am eager to solve the mystery and issue sentencing for the crime of unauthorized litterboxing.

My orange Tabby has been cleared as a suspect due to his routine visits to the litterbox and easygoing temperament with his routine. But my Siamese actively protests any complaints pertaining to the litterbox, whether related to cleanliness or my choice of litter brand -- it is a very delicate balance to maintain. (Let's just say I'm REALLY thankful for carpet-stain remover.) And it is she and her little bladder that remain unsupervised in the sun room for extended periods of time.

I believe it is simply a matter of catching her little Siamese butt in the act. But until then, the new flowers in the sun room do emit a rather pleasant fragrance.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena