Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Introducing Tirzah!

Although she's already posted, I figured I should still go ahead and introduce her.

Tirzah and I met in the summer of 1998, in my first few months at Baylor. We shared an apartment for a couple of months as well, and I soon learned she's a rather groovy chick! Not only is she HILARIOUS, she's a godly woman of wisdom who always had a knack for tempering my young, freshman zeal. AND she always laughed at my jokes.

Even after she moved out we would get together at our neighborhood Subway and catch up. We went to the same church and both led college cell groups in the same section (3-6 cell groups make up a section), so we got to see each other quite often. While taking a break from leading, I was even in her cell group for a semester. But the next semester she moved on to the 20's group (the singles and young married group). We didn't get to hang out much after that, and we haven't seen each other in well over a year and a half (When was it you moved back to Odessa, Tirzah?) Except for the occasional email, we haven't even interacted much over the past couple of years. I was sad about that because Tirzah always has such wonderful insight and is fun to be around (remind us to tell you about our spontaneous 80's dance party with our friend Julie).

Anywho, I was reading a recent email from Tirzah two weeks ago and I thought, "You know, Tirzah is a writer. I wonder if she ever considered blogging? I know of tons of writers who blog. Hmmm...maybe she could join me here...hmm..." Well, I sent an email, and the rest is history.

I mainly asked Tirzah to join me because I know she'll have fun with blogging, and the whole point of this particular blog is to connect friends who are separated by distance. Elaine and Tirzah don't necessarily know each other, but since Elaine is on a semi-permanent hiatus, I figured I might as well bring in someone who also enjoys word-smithery.

Welcome, Tirzah. I hope you enjoy yourself here and I'm sure our readers will enjoy your posts! I'm sure looking forward to it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena