Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Monday, January 03, 2005

Extra Mayo

That reminds me of a time a few months ago when my parents and I went out to eat at a local restaurant. Feeling diner-ish, I ordered a "BLT, heavy on the mayo." The waitress returned with a sandwich that contained a teensy bit of mayonnaise. I assumed that perhaps I had mumbled my order the first time, so I asked for extra mayo, and made sure to enunciate. The waitress returned again with a condiment bowl overflowing with mayonnaise. So I smothered the mayo all over my sandwich, and although my hands were greasy and my arteries were probably protesting, my tummy was happy with the rest of my meal.

Recently my family and I returned to the same restaurant. But that waitress wasn't there. Hmm.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena