Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage . . . They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
~Psalm 84:5

Monday, January 31, 2005

Confession 0001.5

I actually went to a Jessica Simpson concert last summer.

Before you ostracize me, you must know that I had free box tickets. It was right before I left for England and I was up in DC with Elaine. One of her co-worker's roommates worked at an accounting firm that held box tickets to every concert. So we all went together and enjoyed the luxury of VIP parking, access to the private "club house," and box seats with a personal waitress offering us overly-priced appetizers and drinks.

And while I'm confessing things, I might as well confess that we all had fun! It was a huge girl-bonding experience and, apart from seeing Elaine, was probably the highlight of my stay in DC (my second favorite event in DC was the Virginia's Texas Society bar-b-que - they even had cotton candy, bull-riding, and Blue Bell ice cream!).

My previous confession prompted me to write this one because Ryan Cabrera opened for Jessica. It was just before he got "famous" and as he was wrapping up he told everyone he would give them a free demo CD at the end of his set. It was hilarious because as he was starting his last song girls started running to line up for the autographed CD. Cabrera didn't expect that reaction and had to turn around and have a quick laugh before he could even start his song. It was funny. Crazy teenie-boppers!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena